Family First Health will be joining up with Community 106.1 to offer quick tips and information about your health.
Each month, we’ll address a few different topics of interest to you, and offer resources and other information here.
Community 106.1 is a community radio station being run out of First St. John’s Lutheran Church in York.
Listen to the first installment recognizing October as Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Facts about breast cancer from the National Breast Cancer Association.
- One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 220,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,150 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 410 will die each year.
So what should you do?
Be aware of your body. Recognize symptoms. Do regular self exams and mammograms. And never ever hesitate to talk to your doctor.